EBENEZER HOME

ONE FAMILY

With Yeshua our Messiah (Jesus Christ), as a common foundation, there is a very familiar atmosphere here at the Ebenezer Home; and all this despite the many cultures, languages, and backgrounds being represented here. 

For example, there are still people who survived the Holocaust, but have no relatives, as they died in the "Shoah" of World War II. In addition, since 1976 we have received over 300 volunteers from many different countries! 

I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Psalm 91:2

"Here at Ebenezer there are many among us, who have lost their loved ones and have been separated from friends away in distant lands, yet have recovered from loneliness and sadness. 

Each one, Jews, Arabs, and other Gentiles, are known by their first name, whether they are cleaners, cooks, nurses, doctor or manager. We are a warm united family, praying for one another."

- Resident

OUR GOAL

From the Purposes of the Ebenezer Home Society

'Ebenezer Home will serve as a charitable Christian institution in which an atmosphere of Christian love and tolerance shall prevail, designed to meet the physical, mental, social and spiritual needs of the residents of the Home, within the framework of a Biblical perspective.'

THE GOOD NEWS

BECAUSE OF HIS GRACE 

We, the approximate 30 residents, all employees, volunteers, and the leadership team, get encouraged and inspired by each other, daily.  Not a day goes by when the message of Yeshua's love is not heard. If someone is wondering what makes our home so different, we see it as God-given moments to open the Bible and share with each one of His love.

 

What all the people feel here is not us, but God's presence living in and among us. This is not accomplished by us, but by the grace of the one who saved us - through our Lord and Messiah, Yeshua, the King of kings.

FINANCING

Many of the residents cannot afford a senior citizens home because they come from lower social-economic backgrounds.  This is often the case with Holocaust survivors, and those immigrated later in life to Israel.

Our budget currently consists of 30% being covered by the residents themselves. We are a non-profit organization, and as we have not yet received financial support or assistance from the state of Israel, we are still dependent on donations for the remaining 70% of our budget.

We currently have a license for 48 beds, and although we do not have a nursing-ward as of now, we are already providing medical care. However, due to us not yet having a state-approved licensed nursing-ward, we are only allowed to have up to 10% of our residents reach a nursing state. This is becoming more and more of an issue for us, with the demand for nursing, constantly increasing among our aging residents.

With a new nursing department, the state would pay us $ 3,500 a month for each occupied bed in the nursing-ward. We may also receive state subsidies for assisted living.

Donate

COME & HAVE A LOOK

If you would like to know more about us, just have a look around. It is also possible to participate in one of our lunches for a small donation, so you can come get to know and experience us, personally.

 

It is best to give us a short notice in advance, so that we can plan some time to be with you.

 

We are looking forward meeting you!

Disclaimer: 

 

Despite careful control of the content, we accept no liability for the content of this website or for external links. All rights on this website are copyrighted and reserved by Ebenezer Senior Citizens Home Haifa. The operators of the linked pages are solely responsible for their content. We implement the Israeli data protection law. 

The pictures at the website are authentic and real, taken and created with love and passion by our dear team and volunteers.

​If you have questions, you can contact us at any time.

© 2020 by Ebenezer Senior Citizens Home Haifa

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now