“O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that puts his trust in Him.” (Psalm 34:8).
Dear friends of the Ebenezer Home,
On behalf of the residents and staff of the Home, we sincerely thank you all for your support up till now.
Sometimes we look back to count all the blessings and can only say, “Thank you, Lord, for everything You’ve done!” So many milestones are already behind us!
• Renovation plan and design of the future Nursing Ward drawn up with the architect in accordance with the required standard of the Ministry of Health.
• We’ve received the go-ahead from the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services for further planning. At the moment this is still without an official signature (to be granted only after receiving approval from the city).
• The Ministry of Health has given its approval to proceed with the planning after considering their requirements, and we will receive them in writing as soon as the city has signed the building permit.
• The plans for the surrounding areas such as the garden, parking lots, loading entrances for suppliers’ trucks, city garbage collection, ambulances, etc., were signed and approved by the city authorities.
• The design of the grounds surrounding the building (trees and plants) was approved and signed by the city authorities.
• Soil tests were conducted and the foundation plan laid out.
• The plans are now being published in the media so the neighborhood can raise objections, if any exist.
• The mayor approved the mock-up of the building appearance on 12/30/2017 (a momentous milestone)!
Points we are working on and must achieve in the coming months:
• Approval of the air raid shelter plans by the Home Front Command (Pikud HaOref)
• Completion of the electric and communications layouts
• Approval by the National Electricity Authority
• Final approval from the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services
• Approval by the fire department (including safety devices)
• Completion of the kitchen plans and approval of the cooking and dining areas by the Ministry of Health
• Drawing up a general schedule for the entire construction/renovation process
Please continue to pray for wisdom for the next steps and that the LORD would give the authorities a willing heart to grant us the pending approvals.